Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Emily and Mark

There's just something about horizontal pictures that seems to, I dunno, draw me in.

I think it's because we see the world that way. Our two eyes see much further from left to right than top to bottom, so a horizontal picture just seems like, 'yeah, that's the way I saw it'. There's no feeling of constriction or confinement when you look at a horizontal picture.

These happen to be the best way to capture the sweeping, interminable lines of Pensacola beach, where Emily and Mark got married. Mark and Mike Nielsen helped me out on this one as well, and they did a fantastic job of grabbing those long lines of the beach and horizon and pulling them taut with tension in the frame.

They were helped in turn by Emily's stunning eyes, which are so sharp they could cut.


















 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave and comments and compliments, thanks.