Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sarah and Steven

Each project, each session takes a lot out of me, it has to, else it wouldn’t be art. If it gets too easy, I’m not trying hard enough.

When I get to look at the final collection, up on my monitor, that’s the payoff, when I know I’ve done everything I know how to do to make a collection of great images for my couples, and each thumbnail shows real people, really in love, bursting with color and clarity.

And the gratitude, the thank you’s, they are the icing on the cake. I do this for me, to challenge myself, to push myself further and further and discover new images I didn’t know I had in me yet, and that people haven’t seen yet.

It kinda reminds me of what one of my favorite writers, Ernest Hemingway, in a rare moment of self analyses said,
    “How simple the writing of literature would be if it were only necessary to write in another way what has been well written. It is because we have had such great writers in the past that a writer is driven far out past where he can go, out to where no one can help him.”










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave and comments and compliments, thanks.