Monday, September 27, 2010

Jose's Homecoming

I once had to work away from my family for a month. That was one of the hardest months of my life. We talked on the phone constantly, we skyped; once Violet came into the room and saw my face on the screen, came over and said hi to daddy, and then ran, looking over her shoulder laughing, this being our game. Daddy always runs after and catches her and picks her up and gives her a bunch of kisses. But daddy couldn't this time. And that really sucked for daddy.

Jose had been in Iraq, away from his fiance, Kristen and his girls for well over a year (Kristen always could tell you on any given day how many days were left). And he came home last Sunday. I had a hard time keeping my eyes dry when Jose hugged his girls and Kristen for the first time in a long time. The whole family was there, hugs and tears all around. And I got to be there to take the pictures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave and comments and compliments, thanks.